Saturday, November 15, 2008

Fall 2008 - See the Colors in the Trees

Howdy! Here's a pic from Arlington Virginia. It's my home! Actually, it's the guard house, fancy place that is not "always" occupied. We have a few festive neighbors that bought whole pumpkins and left then on their front stoop to decorate their home. Each day the neighborhood squirrels ate their share of pumpkin. Those critters were so cute when they dug out enough to actually sit in the pumpkin and grind away.
I should probably buy a pumpkin too for the squirrels it's getting chillier and they need to bulk up for the colder weather ahead. Mmm, I'll buy two, one for them and one for me.

Pumpkin has beta-carotene for a good source of Vitamin A.

2 comments:

Noe said...

What-cha gonna do with your pumpkin? Not sit in it, I hope. Pumpkin pie, pumpkin crunch, pumpkin bread, pumpkin ice cream--mmmmm. Didn't know pumpkin had healthy qualities. We do such unhealthy things like sugar them up it never occurred to me. . .thanks. Noe

Unknown said...

I read an article on baking a whole pumpkin. You pierce the skin so it doesn't explode in your oven and I assume place on baking sheet and cook the whole dang thing for hours. It's easier to remove the seeds after baking this way. That's on my agenda this month, to try a bake a whole pumpkin.